Protect your Hair in the Winter
Weather changes can take a toll on our sensitive hair along with our skin and nails. As the seasons change, we must also change our diet and daily self-care routine.
In the winter, hair tends to dry out a little due to the absence of natural fat production. This happens because of the vasoconstriction of the sebaceous glands, which results in the possible appearance of dandruff and dryness on the scalp.
What can we do to avoid these issues and protect our hair? Here are some tips:
- Use hydrating products and balms that provide moisture to the scalp with an optimal PH level.
- Diminish the use of heated hair styling tools because they break your hair cuticles and result in unwanted split ends.
- Opt for wool hats to moderate the cold temperature.
- Apply coconut oil to nourish, hydrate, and repair your hair.
- Brush your hair before bed.
- When it comes to chemical/color treatments, winter trends are very conservative. Try warmer colors and avoid bleaching. This season favors coffee tones and smooth color transitions.
- If we care for our hair now, we can use the spring for a brand-new haircut, style, and color.